Our next task is to film the opening two minutes of a film. I would like create an opening like the television series Skins. Although it is a television series, it has drama, action and gripping storylines. It targets teenagers such as students and those who are in the later years of high school and I can relate to this.
This introduces the main characters first and gives hints to the storyline. I would enjoy making an opening like this.
To research into opening title sequences, I went onto these websites and looked at the sequences that had received various awards for their creativity.
www.watchthetitles.com
www.artofthetitle.com
I like the opening sequence of Dunya and Desie, a Dutch film. It is slow moving and gives the audience a chance to appreciate them and guess the storyline to the film. This title sequence moves in and out of focus at several points. Our film would benefit from this because it is set at a party and adjusting the focus could represent the blurred vision of the characters after they have had too much to drink. The sequence is simplistic but very effective.
Six Feet Under is another example of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment